Adam is a lawyer with Kate Williams Medical Law Partnership and holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law.
Adam’s experience is primarily in personal injury & insurance matters. He has also worked previously in commercial litigation, criminal law and as a researcher for Jeremy Morris SC. Adam’s work covers claims which arise from circumstances in New South Wales and Victoria.
Adam’s experience include cases that cross state boundaries, requiring the consideration and application of conflict of laws principles; cases that negotiate the interaction of Commonwealth Consumer Protection legislation with state-based Civil Liability legislation; cases where indemnity issues arise and misleading/deceptive conduct for financial products.
In addition, Adam has been part of a team lobbying for amendments to the Medical Indemnity Act 2002 (Cth) which would retrospectively cover medical practitioners who ceased practice without triggering the automatic invocation provisions of the Run-off Cover Scheme.
Areas of Practice:
Medical Negligence, including:
• Dental Negligence, including general dentistry and orthodontics
• Ear, Nose & Throat claims relating to surgical procedures
• GP claims, including failures to refer patients or mis-diagnosis
• Psychiatric Claims
• Emergency Department claims, including incorrect triage pathways
• Surgical complication claims
Professional Negligence, including:
• Negligent advice on resolving personal injury claims
• Failing to adequately prepare a claims prior to resolution
• Trade Practices/Australian Consumer Law for Defective Products & Services causing personal injury
• Insurance coverage/indemnity disputes
Professional Memberships & Associations
• NSW Law Society
• NSW Law Society Civil Litigation Committee
• Albury & District Law Society
• American Association for Justice